Can you post your non-default postgresql.conf settings? (I'd hazard a guess that you have effective_cache_size set to the default 128MB).

Best wishes

Mark

On 24/11/11 11:24, Gary Warner wrote:
Very Fast Version:

Recently my database stopped respecting one of my indexes, which took a query that should
run in "subsecond response time" and turning it into something that with small
data sets runs in the 7-10 minute range and with large data sets runs in the 30 minute -
eternity range.

Explain Analyze tells me that what used to be an Index Scan has become a Seq
Scan, doing a full table scan through 140 million records.

Any thoughts on why that happens?