Otto,

Separate the pg_xlog directory onto its own filesystem and retry your tests.

Bob Lunney

________________________________
 From: Havasvölgyi Ottó <havasvolgyi.o...@gmail.com>
To: Marti Raudsepp <ma...@juffo.org>
Cc: Aidan Van Dyk <ai...@highrise.ca>; pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Sent: Thursday, December 8, 2011 9:48 AM
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Response time increases over time

I have moved the data directory (xlog, base, global, and everything) to an ext4
file system. The result hasn't changed unfortuately. With the same load test
the average response time: 80ms; from 40ms to 120 ms everything occurs.
This ext4 has default settings in fstab.
Have you got any other idea what is going on here?

Thanks,
Otto