Benedict Holland <benedict.m.holl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it a bug that the blocking process reported is the finial
> process but really the process blocking the intermediate?

What reported that?  The PostgreSQL server doesn't report such
things directly, and I don't know pgadmin, so I don't know about
that tool.  I wrote the recursive query on this page:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Lock_dependency_information

So if that reported anything incorrecly, please let me know so I can
fix it.

By the way, the example with the three connections would have been
better had I suggested a BEGIN TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL
REPEATABLE READ; on the third connection.  With that, even if one or
both of the transactions on the other connections committed, the
third transaction's count should remain unchanged.

-Kevin