On 07/01/2012 01:00 AM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
Considering I can build a pgsql 8.4 machine with 256G RAM and 64
Opteron cores and a handful of SSDs or HW RAID that can do REAL 7k to
8k RW TPS right now for well under $10k, 20k TPS on an in memory
database isn't all that impressive.

Again, their TPS numbers are useless without a contest of how big each transaction is, and we don't know. I can take MemSQL seriously when there's a press release describing how to replicate their benchmark independently. Then it's useful to look at the absolute number.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    g...@2ndquadrant.com   Baltimore, MD