On 20/07/2012 22:53, Ioannis Anagnostopoulos wrote:
On 20/07/2012 22:33, Rosser Schwarz wrote:
On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Ioannis Anagnostopoulos
<ioan...@anatec.com> wrote:
On 20/07/2012 22:23, Claudio Freire wrote:
Misestimated row counts... did you try running an analyze, or upping
statistic targets?
I have run analyse every so often. I think the problem is that as I get 16K
new rows every minutes, the "stats" are always out... Possible?
It may not help much with any skew in your data that results from
divergent data appearing, but you can update the statistics targets
for those columns and analyze again, and the planner should have much
better information about the distributions of their data.  The max
stats target is 10000, but the default is 100.  Increasing it even
just to 500 or 1000 should help the planner significantly.

rls

I suppose that this is some kind of postgres.conf tweak?

On this Ubuntu installation the default_statistics_target = 1000 and not 100. Do you think that this might be an issue?