On 10/22/2012 01:14 PM, Claudio Freire wrote:

You may want to try setting the numa policy before launching postgres:

numactl --interleave=all pg_ctl start

I thought about that. I'd try it on one of our stage nodes, but both of them show an even memory split. I'm not sure why our prod node is acting this way. We've used bcfg2 so every server has the exact same configuration, including kernel parameters, startup settings, and so on. I can only conclude that there's something about the activity itself that's causing it.

I'll have to take another look after the market closes to see if the unallocated chunk shrinks.

--
Shaun Thomas
312-444-8534