On 07/09/2013 03:14 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

On 07/08/2013 09:14 AM, Jeison Bedoya wrote:
Hi, i have a postgresql 9.2.2, but i donĀ“t use autovaccum but i want to
begin to use it.  some recommendation about the optimal configuration?
or some link to explain it.

Initial configuration:

autovacuum = on

There, you're done.  You only do something else if the default
configuraiton is proven not to work for you.

Well, and a restart of PostgreSQL. It should also be noted that autovacuum by default is on. You can check to see if it is currently running for you by issuing the following command from psql:

show autovacuum;

Other than that JoshB is correct. The default settings for autovacuum work for the 95% of users out there.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC, @cmdpromptinc