Hello

It is little bit strange - can you send a info about your PostgreSQL
version, send a query, and table description?

In this case, PostgreSQL should to use a hash aggregate, but from some
strange reason, pg didn't do it.

Second strange issue is speed of external sort - it is less than I can
expect.

What I know - a usual advice for MS Win is setting minimal shared bufferes
- 512MB can be too much there.

Regards

Pavel Stehule