On 12/11/2014 01:11 PM, Evgeniy Shishkin wrote:

On 11 Dec 2014, at 15:02, Andrea Suisani <sick...@opinioni.net> wrote:

On 12/10/2014 11:44 AM, Maila Fatticcioni wrote:
2- I would like to use the two SDD to store the wal file. Do you think
it is useful or how should I use them?

I definitely would give it a try.

I don't understand the logic behind using drives,
which are best for random io, for sequent io workloads.

Better use 10k sas with BBU raid for wal, money wise.

Well since Malia had already used the 4 sas hd for the DB,
I thought that it'd be quite quick to setup a raid1 array
(even at software level, e.g. using md), placing pg_xlog
in such array and measure the performance.

As a following step, depending on the time constraints involved,
Malia could rearrange the disk setup enterly and use the SAS
disks as location for pg_xlog.

Andrea