On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 8:46 AM, tuanhoanganh <hatua...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a bad query on PostgreSQL 9.0.23 - 64bit - Windows 2012 R2 - 48GB Ram

9.0 is no longer supported.  You should work toward upgrading to a
newer version.  It might not solve this problem, but it would give you
better tools for diagnosing the problem.  Which is a pretty good step
toward solving it.

> When I check taskmanager, I found postgres process is user 4-5MB

Other people have explained the details of how the query is being run
and why it is being run that way.  But I would like to take a step
back from that, and tell you that the reason that PostgreSQL is not
using more memory, is that it doesn't think that using more memory
would help.

Cheers,

Jeff