Hi,

Thank you very much for your answers.

Yes, 50 rows aren't enough, but the original table has about 14 million rows
and after analyzing the table I got the same result.

We changed our functions and used string_to_array instead of unnest and its ok.

It was not only a problem with one value to be selected. The problem exists
with three or more too. Maybe the implementation of unnest has changed from
V9.1 to V9.5. In V9.1 there was only one array as argument. Since V9.4 we can
use more than one array as argument. And so the planner works different. So, if
we change from one version to another in the future, we have to check the
PostgreSQL-functions if the behaviour of the function or the planner has
changed and then replace the function. It would be great if we could see this
in the documentation.

Greetings

Udo Knels
treubuch IT GmbH