----- Mensaje original -----
> De: "Alessandro Ferrucci" <alessandroferru...@gmail.com>
> Para: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
> Enviados: MiƩrcoles, 26 de Abril 2017 0:19:37
> Asunto: Re: [PERFORM] Slow query with 3 table joins
>

> After about 40 inutes the slow query finally finished and the result
> of the EXPLAIN plan can be found here:
>

> https://explain.depesz.com/s/BX22
>

> Thanks,
> Alessandro Ferrucci

1) Looking at the "Rows removed by filter" in that explain, looks like a
selectivity issue: Many (many many) rows are fetched, just to be rejected
later.
I think you can try a partial index on ''field (unit_id) where
field_name="SHEETS_PRESENT"'', if it is practical to you.
See https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/indexes-partial.html for a
good read about partial indexes.

2) 9.2 is a pretty old version of PG. If you are migrating yet, you should
consider a more recent version

HTH

Gerardo