On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 3:06 AM, Mariel Cherkassky <
mariel.cherkas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> So I I run the cheks that jeff mentioned :
> \copy (select * from oracle_remote_table) to /tmp/tmp with binary - 1 hour
> and 35 minutes
> \copy local_postresql_table from /tmp/tmp with binary - Didnt run because
> the remote oracle database is currently under maintenance work.

The "\copy...from" doesn't depend on oracle, it would be only depend on
local file system (/tmp/tmp), provided that the "\copy...to" finished.
Anyway, given the length of time it took, I think you can conclude the
bottleneck is in oracle_fdw itself, or in Oracle, or the network.

Cheers,

Jeff