On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:13 AM, ROS Didier <didier....@edf.fr> wrote:

> Hi
>
>                I would like your advice  and recommendation about the
> following infrastructure problem :
>
> What is the best way to optimize synchronization between an instance
> PostgreSQL on Windows 7 workstation and an Oracle 11gR2 database on linux
> RHEL  ?
>
> Here are more detailed explanations
>
> In our company we have people who collect data in a 9.6 postgresql
> instance on their workstation that is disconnected from the internet.
>
> In the evening, they connect to the Internet and synchronize the collected
> data to a remote 11gr2 Oracle database.
>
> What is the best performant way to do this ( Oracle_FDW ?, flat files ?, …)

There are several ways to go about this, but for your use case I'd
recommend SymmetricDS -- http://symmetricds.org   (or for the commercial
version:  http://jumpmind.com)

SymmetricDS was originally designed to collect data from cash registers in
a vastly distributed set of small databases and aggregate those results
back into both regional and national data warehouses.  It also pushed data
the other way - when pricing was updated at corporate headquarters, the
data was pushed back into the cash registers.  It works with a wide variety
of database technologies, scales well, and has many synchronization
options.  It is also being used by some organizations these days to
synchronize small databases on IOS and Android devices with their parent
databases back at HQ.

I first used it to implement an Oracle to PostgreSQL data migration that
had to be done without down time.   I've used it successfully for real time
data pushes from MySQL and PG OLTP systems into an Oracle DataMart.   I
also used to use it for PostgreSQL bidirectional replication before other
tools became easier to use.  Because of its great flexibility, SymmetricDS
has a ton of knobs to turn and buttons and configuration options and may
take a bit to get it working optimally.   If you are short on time to
implement a solution, I'd suggest going with the commercial version.