On 05/01/2009 11:55 AM, John Zhang wrote:

Hi Nicholas,

The query is across database query. dblink is needed for that task.

Hope it helps,

John

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Edward W. Rouse <ero...@comsquared.com <mailto:ero...@comsquared.com>> wrote:

    Can’t you use this?

    select name from database2.sr_1 where name not in (select name
    from database2.pr_1);

    My test database VM isn’t running so I can’t test it, but I seem
    to remember that that’s how I did it for a few queries of that
    type. This is assuming the 2 databases are running on the same
    machine, like the way there is template0 as the default and you
    add addition databases to the same ‘instance’. If you are talking
    about 2 different database servers, then I have no idea.

    Edward W. Rouse

How do you formulate the query using dblink?

Thanks
Wei