I am trying to create a function that will grind through a cdr table and
populate another table.  I am trying to load the function and am getting the
following error:

ERROR:  function result type must be specified

CREATE FUNCTION gen_simultaneous_calls(mystart timestamp, mystop timestamp) AS
$$ DECLARE

    mycount integer;

BEGIN

    WHILE mystart < mystop + INTERVAL '1 day' LOOP

    SELECT INTO mycount  count(*) FROM log_calls WHERE startdate < mystart and
enddate > mystop;

    INSERT INTO simultaneous_calls_rpt (startdate,call_count) VALUES
(mystart,mycount);

    mystart := mystart + INTERVAL '1 minute';

    mystop  := mystop + INTERVAL '1 minute';

    END LOOP;

END;

    $$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' STABLE;

[cid:image002.jpg@01CA596B.59B9EC10]Joe R. Plugge
Database Administrator, West Interactive Corporation
11650 Miracle Hills Drive, Omaha NE 68154
402-716-0349 | Cell 402-517-2710 | jrplu...@west.com

This electronic message transmission, including any attachments, contains
information from West Corporation which may be confidential or privileged. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.

If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the
sender immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and destroy all
electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.

<<inline: image001.png>>

<<inline: image002.jpg>>