It's pgAdmin 1.10.0. I've partially identified the problem, pgAdmin log says
that following query gets executed when switching to job statistics tab :

SELECT jsljlgid, jslstatus, jslresult, jslstart, jslduration, (jslstart +
jslduration) AS endtime, jsloutput
FROM pgagent.pga_jobsteplog WHERE jsljstid = 5 ORDER BY jslstart DESC LIMIT
0

obviously the problem is LIMIT 0 clause but why it is there remains
a mystery... pgAdmin bug ? a configuration issue ?

regards
mk