I figured it out... when changing role from pgAdmin, it has a default VALID
UNTIL 1970 set and after confirming changes it just made my abc user
account invalid... but upon connecting postgres complains about pass
authetication, maybe the message should be changed ?

It's 9.1 by the way.

pozdrowienia
mk