On May 22, 2013, at 5:53 PM, Camillo Bruni <camillobr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I recently spent some time to revise how to write Metacello Configurations.
>
> Observation:
> ============
> - many configurations are quite a mess
> - many configurations duplicate code internally
> - many configurations have archived development versions

I would love to go over the one I maintain and fix them. So give me hints and I
will do it.
I want patterns! Patterns are a proof of maturity and optimise the space.

> For Pharo 3.0 I made a new Configuration template which improves and
> documents
> these observed points in quite some detail. Simply load a new 3.0 image and
> create a new configuration from the monticello working copy browser.
>
> Solution:
> =========
> - specify external projects in separate, reusable methods
> - only have ONE development version you regularly update
> - do not use version numbers for the development version
> - only make a version number when you release something stable AKA not
> #development
> - name the baseline after the first version that introduces it
>

> What do you think?

show me one example because there are too many concepts and I'm confused about
words when talking
metacellonese.
But yes I do not want all the possible possibilities just the cool and
efficient patterns (that a tool should codify
for me).

In my dream (and this is why I'm frustrated that we are burning the time of
christophe on travis)
I would love to have a tools to generate and validate configurations for me.