Just to be clear, I completely agree that Pharo should move forward without
any limitations and restrictions.

Its just that when I first read the history of smalltalk I came to
conclusion that like lisp , smalltalk is a freeform language , meaning that
standardization meant much less for it than in other languages. Since Alan
Kay was deeply inspired from lisp ( according to his own saying) a language
that can change its own syntax is kinda difficult to see its as a rigid
language that should obey to a set of rules. I dont know if it was Ingalis
or Alan Kay that said that they created smalltalk not for it to remain in
the state it was but to be the basic of new languages.

So all this talk about ANSI standard smalltalk, sounds kinda weird to me.
Sure I can see the benefits of standardization but that part was never
crucial to smalltalk or lisp since the days they were created. And frankly
this part that I love the most about smalltalk and lisp. So for me Pharo is
100% smalltalk and smalltalks that try to standardize things less than 100%
;)

So I certainly agree with your blog post spirit.

About moose 4.8  great work guys, I am amazed how deep moose is , and the
horde of tools you have created for pharo. I recently took a deep look at it
and it certainly moves code visualisation forward. I will love to see more
video tutorials that show the practical advantages to coders like me that
are not used to such kind of tools. Keep up the great.

philippeback wrote