I guess that's why I used filetree:// and not gitfiletree:// along with the
git client to do the CLI commits and pushes on Windows (one can use GitBash
for example, or MobaXterm Git plugin http://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/ >
http://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/plugins.html > Git + Curl +Emacs [for you
Gutenberg people, but Pdflatex is missing]).

Additional benefit of MobaXterm on Windows: it has curl, wget etc, so
Zeroconf scripts work easily.

<rant>
Now, I am more and more leaning towards having a debian VM into which I can
do all the development. That's the kind of system production ends up on
anyway. Debian 6 for me, as 7 requires to go into Multiarch + 32 bits libs
which is not on by default and is a headache to get right. I had a hard
time getting Pharo to run on Debian 7. And when faced with a given default
server box, it was worse as there was no way to add the packages. This
excluded Pharo while Rails/PHP people ran happily. :-(
</rant>

Phil