On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 01:02:53PM -0800, Eliot Miranda wrote:
> Does the Pharo debugger use the mirror primitives yet?  Unless
> InstructionStream and ContextPart have been updated to use objectClass: and
> objectInstVarAt: et al then the debugger will be fooled by proxies.  I
> really need to push this code through to Squeak trunk.  Once I've done that
> (Monday?  it's thanksgiving here and its party time :-) ) Pharo can perhaps
> adopt the code too.
>
> David, does the Interpreter support the mirror primitives yet?  i.e. do the
> MirrorPrimitiveTests pass on the Interpreter now?

Hi Eliot,

Happy Thankgiving. Sorry I missed your question, but yes the mirror
primitives are implemented in the interpreter VM:

  Name: VMMaker-dtl.262
  Author: dtl
  Time: 5 January 2012, 12:41:29.745 am

  VMMaker 4.7.19

  Reference Mantis 7429: Add Mirror Primitives to the VM

  Update primitivePerformInSuperclass to support
  ContextPart>>object:perform:withArguments:inClass:

  Implementation differs from that of oscog in that the original
  primitivePerformAt: is retained unmodified, and the necessary
  stack adjustments are done in primitivePerformInSuperclass for
  the special case of argumentCount 4 (mirror primitive call)
  rather than 3. The oscog approach may be prefered (not least
  for its clearer method naming), but making the change in
  primitivePerformInSuperclass is low risk and more easily
  implemented by a Sunday Squeaker.

  All MirrorPrimitiveTests pass.

So it theory it should work ...

Dave