On 4 December 2013 11:34, Sean P. DeNigris <s...@clipperadams.com> wrote:
> The reason for my initial hesitation was that... in rspec, it is easy to
> stub out global class objects and... I don't think this is the right
> solution for the problem.
>

> Ha ha, you were right to be cautious. I've been thinking for offer a year
> about how to do that without method wrappers. But I will control myself in
> your project ;)

It's still a work in progress, but Squeak's Environments ought to
provide this: your test runs in a custom, temporary Environment into
which you import your own DateAndTime or FileReference or whatever.
Code inside the Environment just calls DateAndTime, blissfully unaware
that it's calling your custom mocked implementation.

frank