On 20 November 2013 17:04, J.F. Rick <s...@je77.com> wrote:

> Thanks. It works. I already have found a few bugs and one thing I don't
> understand.
>
> (1) A few Paint things seem to implement athensFillRectangle:on: and
> athensFillPath:on: rather than fillRectangle:on: and fillPath:on:. It seems
> like it should be the latter rather than the former. I changed the names
> and the evil rectangle of doom disappeared.
>
> this is recent changes. I chosen to namespace selectors.
The former selectors should not be used and replaced by new ones (if they
still there).
I suspect you using outdated version + loaded recent version(s) of packages,
going into desync  between packages.
It is recommended to always use published version of Athens and always load
configuration(s).

(2) Using the AthenWrapMorph, it seems that the bottom row of pixels is not
rendered or clipped. I can stop this phenomenon by changing the
createSurface method to have the extent be 0@1 bigger. While that works, it
seems like there's a bug somewhere in AthensCairoSurface.

I doubt it is in AthensCairoSurface.
Most probably it is clipping issue. Need to be carefully checked.
Changing the surface size is just workaround.

(3) I ended up changing a morph so that it should render differently. In
standard Pharo, I just use "self changed" and it updates. Is there an
equivalent in Athens? Do I have to explicitly tell Athens to rerender it?
If so, how? I tried "self render" but that did not seem to help.

No any equivalent. Updating UI is orthogonal to Athens.
AthenWrapMorph sends drawOnAthensCanvas: to its submorphs, everything else
is up to implementation.

Cheers,

Jeff

--