For normal humans you do not convey the pain behind ….
here is the answer I got from the two amigos igor and ronie that looked at the
problem

                We debugged in both machines at the same time. Installed some
debug symbols, looking at the libpixman source code. Disassembling and looking
some instructions.

                When I saw the use of intrinsics in the source code, I started
to suspect a bit of the alignment of some stuff and when Igor, found the
segmentation fault causing instruction movdqa
                (Move double-quadword aligned), it was clear that it was a
stack alignment issue. Checking the Intel manual confirmed this and I asked
about whose responsible for aligning the
                stack, suspecting it was a problem with the library not
conforming to the ABI. Then, Igor remembered how to change the stack alignment
in native boost and it worked.

This is why having people with such knowledge around is key to let us (the
smart cosy smalltalkers) having fun with our cool language.

Stef