Torsten Bergmann wrote
> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/02/locally-integrated-menus-ubuntu-14-04
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teAFgtHWDso

Well, are not Smalltalks pop-up menus (i.e. the world menu and all the other
context menus) solving the problem in the most beautiful way possible?

I was shocked when i recently read somewhere on this list that people are
thinking about introducing menu bars in order to make everything look more
like everything else looks.

The difference of Pharo (and it's UI!) was what lured me into it, not what
constituted a barrier :) And while i would also make a case for difference
only for it's own sake, i think there are very good reasons for the pop-up
menus.

m.