We were discussing about that.
My point is that the system should work if the catalog fall apart.
Now others told me that in other community this is the inverse. People only
refer to the catalog.

Since we did not get last year and this year the engineer I requested to work
on the validation of distirbution we did not make progress
on that front because we are busy.

For me I do not use SqueakSource not because it is written Squeak but because I
think that squeaksource is over and too old.

Stef

> I'm currently browsing the various ConfigurationOf in MetaRepoForPharo30
> catalog hoping to find a pattern to serve as guidelines, but what I see is a
> messy variety of solutions:
>
> - direct reference to specific source repositories of package B as Johan
> suggested (and the successive baselines are effectively tracking motions of B)
> IMO the worst thing, I don't manage B and don't want to update my
> ConfigurationOfA each time B moves.
>
> - references to ConfigurationOfB thru squeaksource MetacelloRepository.
> My preferred solution. I don't care if the catalog is centralized on
> squeaksource, Smalltalkhub or whatever, but I want a centralized catalog

Me too.
Now the question is the following one.
Ideally I would like to have one inbox and that configuration move to the
catalog for their version.
(Because I do not see the point of having around old versions of projects that
do not load in the given version).
I explained that in the Pharo vision document.
Now may be other solutions are better.

Stef