kilon alios wrote:
WOW this CCodeGenerator is great , I have downloaded it and tried the example and it generated the 'generated.c" file . Awesome !!!! thank you all

Ok how about this visitor thing ? any links to it , no idea what that is and how to use it in pharo. Is it a way to code like continuations ?

I didn't understand visitor patten until I read "Design Patterns Smalltalk Companion" [1]
[1]  http://amzn.com/0201184621

About LLVM sound very cool and I was googling about that few hours ago but from what I have read is a very undocumented part of LLVM so that maybe easier said than done. Looks like Pharo is not the only project having issues with documentation ;)

So it looks like I will be sticking with Pharo after all :D

As I said in another thread.  Life is a long and winding road.  Looks like you might have found another shortcut.
cheers -ben

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Serge Stinckwich <serge.stinckw...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 12:31 PM, p...@highoctane.be <p...@highoctane.be> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Serge Stinckwich
> <serge.stinckw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Santiago Bragagnolo
>> <santiagobragagn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >  I may be wrong, but I think the closest thing out there is Slang. Is
>> > the
>> > pseudo smalltalk used to develop the VM.
>> >
>> > Also there is a project for generating C for arduino, (a project related
>> > with EToys), but i am not sure about how complete is.
>>
>> Both are subset of Smalltalk. This is best path to follow I guess:
>> define your own DSL for your needs and implement a visitor to do code
>> generation.
>> We have done that for epidemiological modeling.
>

> Or combine both: visitor which uses CCodeGenerator for emitting the result.

Yes, interesting idea, instead of generating strings!

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)