      From: Christophe Demarey <christophe.dema...@inria.fr>
 To: Pharo Development List <pharo-dev@lists.pharo.org>
 Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 5:31 AM
 Subject: [Pharo-dev] About the singleton pattern

Hi,

We use quite often the singleton pattern but when I need to use one, I always
need to ask myself "What is the selector to get this singleton?".
We use either aClass>>current, aClass>>default or aClass>>uniqueInstance.
Could we agree on the selector to use and update existing code?

To get a quick overview, I  searched about these methods in a Pharo4  image and
get these results:
((SystemNavigation default allImplementorsOf: #default) select: #isMetaSide)
size. "45"
((SystemNavigation default allImplementorsOf: #current) select: #isMetaSide)
size.  "40"
((SystemNavigation default allImplementorsOf: #uniqueInstance) select:
#isMetaSide) size.  "19"

Your opinion?

Christophe.

--- End Message ---