Hi Nicolai,

Please

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 10:53 PM, Nicolai Hess <nicolaih...@web.de> wrote:

> 15102 <https://pharo.fogbugz.com/default.asp?15102>
> lost worldmenu
> Is anyone working on this, it is quite annoying, happens to me a couple of
> time - per day.
> Everytime I restart the image to get the menu back. Is there any other way
> recreate the worldmenu?

No, because we do not know how to reproduce it (like the message says). If
anyone knows how, this would help.

> 15772 <https://pharo.fogbugz.com/default.asp?15772>
> spotter is undebuggable
> Andrei said on the ML he knows what the problem is. Are you working on
> this?
> This makes it difficult to work/analyse other spotter bugs.

I just added a note in the issue. Please provide a step-by-step situation.

> 14569 <https://pharo.fogbugz.com/default.asp?14569>
> GTInspector should do live updates of objects and their slots
> This was considered a really important issue. Who works on this, any
> progress?

We have a solution in the image, but it is not scalable (the rendering was
just too slow), so it is disabled by default (custom presentations can use
it if they want).

We are working on this in two ways:
- a new version of the inspector based on bloc and without glamour. This
will take a while to finish, but the goal is to make it until Pharo 6.
- as soon as we can hook on object-specific events we will use that
mechanism to identify the need for an update

> There are some issues tagged for pharo 40. Who will take care of it?
> Backport the
> fixes or change the milestone

As far as I am concerned, we should keep the backporting to critical cases
only. Right now, I see none of them as being critical.

> There are some more issues (for example about the
> displayString/printString) waiting for
> some feedback and comments.

Ok. We will try to go over them.

I wasn't happy with the way spotter & co were pushed into the 4.0 release.
> To many changes and new features even during code freeze. I do understand
> that it was important to have this in the release to get feedback.
> But now I wish more support, we already have too many loose ends,
> unfinished projects
> and to few people working on them.

I do not see the relation between adding spotter and the support.

Please help, and keep up working on this or give some feedback or comment
> the
> open issues.

This is an unfortunate period simply because it is holidays time and there
are other things that prevented us to work on it.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com