Sean P. DeNigris wrote
> When loading TWM from the Configuration Browser, the version shown is
> ConfigurationOfTilingWindowManager-LaurentLaffont.28. But when I click
> load, ConfigurationOfTilingWindowManager-PhilippeBack.28 is what actually
> gets loaded, presumably from my cache, and which has no stable version for
> 4.0...
> Is anyone else experiencing this and what should be done?

Bump. Okay, I fixed the ancestry for Philippe's version on my machine, but
that wasn't the problem. Apparently, if MC has a version with the requested
number in the cache, even from a different author, it uses that.

Possible solutions:
1. Disable the cache when loading via the MetaC Browser
    loadConfigurationWithStable: loadStable
        Gofer new
                disablePackageCache;
2. Enforce discipline that configurations must always be merged with latest
from canonical repo. Ideally, committing to canonical and copying to
MetaRepos is "the right thing", but IDK how we can possibly enforce this
since the contributor may not have access to the canonical repo.
3. Load with the constraint that author and version are the same as shown in
the browser list item

I think #1 is probably safest. After all, what if there was a
"LaurentLaffont.28" in the meta repo, and another different
"LaurentLaffont.28" in the cache?

Issue 15977: Metacello Browser should only load from the selected repo
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/default.asp?15977

Fix in inbox:
SLICE-Issue-15977-Metacello-Browser-should-only-load-from-the-selected-repo-SeanDeNigris.1
- Disable the cache when loading via the MetaC Browser

-----
Cheers,
Sean