OK. But be aware it is very very little tested and probably still a hack,
and it still need overrides. Hopefully you will help me to polish it until
we get a "SeasidePharoDebugging" package with no override :)

All what I mention here is tested in Pharo 4.0 with Seaside 3.1.4.1.

These are the steps:

1) Create a

ProcessLocalVariable subclass: #WACurrentRequestContextPLV
instanceVariableNames: ''
classVariableNames: ''
category: 'SeasidePharoDebugging'

2) Override GRPharoPlatform >> openDebuggerOn   (see highlighted lines)
The idea is to simply store the WACurrentRequestContext into a processor
local variable before we loose it.

openDebuggerOn: anError
| process currentRequest |
process := Processor activeProcess.
currentRequest := WACurrentRequestContext value.

"If we are running in the UI process, we don't want to suspend the active
process. The
error was presumably triggered while stepping in the Debugger. If we simply
immediately
signal an UnhandledError, the debugger will catch this and display the
signaling context.
It isn't perfect or pretty but it works."
(ProcessBrowser isUIProcess: process)
ifTrue: [
UnhandledError signalForException: anError ]
ifFalse: [
WorldState addDeferredUIMessage: [
WACurrentRequestContextPLV value: currentRequest.
process
debug: anError signalerContext
title: anError description
full: true.
].
process suspend ]

3) Override WACurrentRequestContext class >> defaultValue

defaultValue
^ WACurrentRequestContextPLV value ifNil: [ WARequestContextNotFound signal
]
4) Set WADebugErrorHandler as the error handler in your seaside app (I am
not sure if this step is needed).

And that's all. Try to put a "self whateverMethodThatCausesDNU" and then,
try to evalaute something from the debugger that calls #session or
#requestContext etc... for example, evaluate "WAComponent new session" and
that should work:

Besides the overrides I still have doubts:

a) do we need WADebugErrorHandler ?
b) it seems "Halt halt" does not work but sending a message that causes dnu
does work. Maybe related to WADebugErrorHandler.
c) what happens if we have multiple debuggers opened? I am worried about
the "soleInstance" of ProcessSpecificVariable.

Thoughts?  Can you tell me if this works for you?