Hi,

> On 03 Mar 2016, at 12:04, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:
>
> I know that colours are a matter of taste, but I have a question about the
> Dark Theme main background color.
>
> Here is a screenshot of my 4.0 image:
>
> <Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 11.55.30.png>
> Versus the same in 5.0
>
> <Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 11.55.36.png>
> Note how the background of the contents of windows is much darker, the
> contrast being very hard.
>
> Was this an intentional change ?

yes, I made it because the older one was worst for the eyes than this one (I
largely borrowed from the IntelliJ Dark Theme and colors there are like they
are now, not like before).

> Does the majority prefer that colour ?

It is an old (very old change, almost a year now)… at the moment, someones
liked it, someones hated it (as always with L&F changes)… so it remained.

> How can I change it back to the softer one ?

override Pharo3DarkTheme>>backgroundColor with the color you want… this should
be in settings, but I didn’t found the time to implement it (there is an
implementation,but it does not works)… maybe if someone wants to revive it we
can add it at the beginning of Pharo6.

NOTE: since GT guys have their own theme framework, with their own hardcoded
colors, this will most probably do not work all the cases (but it will work for
the case you want).

cheers,
Esteban