On 4 April 2016 at 23:21, stepharo <steph...@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi igor
>
> I like your feedback.
> Could you summarize it based on the latest alpha version and now that you
> saw the code?
>
> My biggest source of concern, when i look at it is attempt to funnel
features of Athens to obfuscate it down to the point that only simple,
prescribed and rigid constructions will be possible.
Athens is not perfect. As nothing is perfect. More than that: it proposing
a quite limited subset of features comparing to other modern graphical
engines.
That's why i really surprised to see how people want to 'simplify' it even
more, down to simplest possible constructs and throwing away the plethora
of other possibilities.
What was the point to make all those features, if you don't want to expose
them to user? Or exposing them in a way, that most of them become hardly
reachable.
You cannot have a richer feature set than base engine provides, especially
by shrinking that base.

> In the bloc version you discussed with alain (in the house I was
> renovating) an element had a view that were responsibe of the rendering
> but it was not good.
>
> I don't remember. The only view as a concept i can think of, we were
discussing was a so-called 'viewport'. Is like defining a physical area on
screen which are controlled by GUI, while other areas can be occupied by
something else (be it other GUI kind, or 3D application etc).
But in usual desktop,  desktop covers whole screen and there seems like no
huge outcry 'we need special views', so i would put it into 'good to have
but not absolutely necessary' box.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.