perhaps it is a speed question? using pharo4.0 (with polymath):
a:=DhbVector new: 50 random: 20.
b:=a copy asOrderedCollection  .
Smalltalk garbageCollect .
[ b removeDuplicates]bench. "'47,004 per second'"
b:=a copy asArray.
Smalltalk garbageCollect .
[ b asSet asArray    ]bench.  "'27,249 per second'"
werner