Thanks sven.

I'm working on image without personal setting and often in places with no internet (or full of wifis but that I cannot connect to :).

Stef

On 19 May 2016, at 13:41, stepharo <steph...@free.fr> wrote:

Hi guys

This is hyper annoying that Spotter look for the net by default.

We should turn it off.
This was 'fixed' in the sense that it now only gets it once every 24 hours and
then caches it in the image.

The real problem is that NetNameResolver (dns name -> IP address resolution,
using of course opaque primitives) sometimes hangs. This makes it very hard for
the image to decide if it has network connection or not. And thus hard to react in
an intelligent way.

This situation is also hard to debug, because if I turn off my wireless
network, NetNameResolver fails immediately (which is perfect). It is hard to
reproduce the case where it hangs, at least for me.

That is the issue that we should fix.

Assuming someone has no internet, and force them to manage the connection state
themselves manually, seems very backward to me - in this century.

So I vote against turning it off.

We should also improve the comment of the catalog setting because it is unclear

that this is this setting that should be turned off.
Yes that would be good.