Hi, this is my following of vision document:

> 1.  Creation of the Pharo Consortium -> Created
DONE

> 2.  Small kernel & validated packages -> >>In progress (Bootstrap + Cargo)
In progress

> 3.  A Robust and Extensible System Events -> ?
DONE. Announcements (but now we have “announcements plague” so we need to
iterate/clean a bit here)

> 4.  Rewrite of Filesystem/Streams -> ?/XStream? -> >>In progress, there was
> the introduction of File IIRC
FileSystem DONE
Streams NOT DONE

> 5.  Announcements and Ephemerons -> >> Will be in Pharo 6
DONE (in Pharo 6)

> 6.  UI Canvas for Zoomable Interfaces -> Bloc? >>I think yes
In progress: Will be Block, yes

> 7.  Bootstrap of the Core -> >>Should be for Pharo 6. The Bootstrap build
> pass on Jenkins but still need some love from Christophe, Guillermo and Pavel
In progress.

> 8.  Fully parametrized compiler tool chain -> >>I think I heard that a lot of
> progress have been made in this area but I don't have any detail and I am not
> sure.
DONE (OpalCompiler, etc.)

> 9.  Packages as real objects -> >>In progress. now package are objects but
> there will be improvements with Cargo
DONE. Cargo is another thing :)

> 10. Package Meta-Data -> >>PackageManifest
DONE (but still tools can be built on it)

> 11. Less Model Clutter and Duplication -> ?
Permanent ongoing process.

> 12. Building and Reusing UI Logic -> >>Spec
DONE (Spec), but allows enhancements (as everything, I think)

> 13. New Network Layer -> >> I think this is Zinc but it still need some work
In progress (Zinc is part, but some low-level stuff can be enhanced)

> 14. Serializers -> Fuel >> + STON
DONE (Fuel, STON)

> 15. SystemChangeNotifier replacement -> ?
DONE (SystemAnnouncer)

> 16. Cleaning Morphic -> Still valid? (asking because of Bloc existance)
Permanent ongoing progress (until Bloc arrives, it needs to be done)

> 17. Everybody should be able to compile VMs -> ?
DONE (CMakeMaker, etc.)

> 18. VMs identification and regression testing -> ?
DONE

> 19. One Unified FFI framework -> Created and still being enhanced
DONE (but yes, a v2.0 will be needed)

> 20. 64 Bits -> Most of the plugins works on OSX/Unix. Esteban told that it
> would need around a month to be usable after his holydays.
In progress

> 21. New Object Formats -> >>STON ?
In progress

Now, in fact the Pharo Vision document became old… we made a lot more stuff
than declared there and we are going in more exciting directions now (as shown
with the remote debugging). Probably we should work in a "Pharo Vision Updated”
document, but as always, it takes time, effort, etc….

cheers,
Esteban