Ah, I am using that a lot to parametrize software.

On one hand Pharo is breaking with the past, on the other one it sticks with it as much as possible? #MeConfused asHell.

This has nothing to do with complying with the past.
Do you think seriously that if we could replace self class env: #foo but #foo asClass and get the same
we would not do it?
Since you know that we are smart guys, I let you as an exercise to understand why we are picky about not using it.

#SomeSymbol asClass looks very practical and cleaner that looking the class dictionary with at: #SomeSymbol

No but I will let you try to find a bit by yourself before telling it to you why ;D

Some hints: if you do not want that we succeed to
- be able to compile pharo code inside a different namespace, object space, - be able to compile the compiler code modified to be able to recompile itself - be able to use our tools to compile code for another system like Gemstone then yes let us use a solution with 7 letters less because it is not cleaner but shorter.

Stef

Phil

Phil