Are SharedPool supposed to be instantiated ? Why did you need to
instantiate a SharedPool ?

I only use them (maybe mistakenly) by setting with class-side methods the
default values of the SharedPool class variables, then use the
poolDictionary: keyword to access those variables values from other
classes. I thought that was the only way they should be used. Please
explain me the other use-cases for a shared pool.