Le 22/09/2016 à 20:53, Dale Henrichs a écrit :

On 09/22/2016 12:41 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
On 22 Sep 2016, at 00:19, Torsten Bergmann <asta...@gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Sven,

thanks. Did not notice that I need three instead of two slashes. So
no need
to explicitly convert to ZnUrl.

So for the records this is what works:

pathToPackageDirectory := 'C:\ClonedRepo\packages'.
Metacello new
  baseline: 'MyProject';
  repository: ('gitfiletree:///', pathToPackageDirectory)  ;
  load.
So mixing back & forward slashes works ? Pretty weird ;-)
Yes that is interesting ... in Metacello for Pharo,  `('/',
pathToPackageDirectory ) asFileReference` (stripping the leading
'filetree://') is being used to create the FileTree repository from the
repository description ... so apparently this is how FileSystem deals
with windows pathnames ???

Oh wait, that is a gitfiletee url ... not sure how that is handles ...

GitFileTree has a copy(*) of the ZnUrl code for extracting file references out of urls, so it may differ from Filetree / Metacello (see MCFileTreeGitRepository>>#urlAsFileReference:).

Oh, ok. FileTree has the same method, but with a correction for what must have been a bug in the GitFileTree method (need to have a look at that), however, Metacello does not use that method for a filetree:// url.

Checked in Pharo 6.

Thierry

(*) Copy because extending ZnUrl wasn't possible without an override. I kind of agree with the Go philosophy there: sometimes, a little bit of copy/paste makes everything simpler.

Dale

Thanks
T.