Dale,

> Am 21.10.2016 um 16:12 schrieb Dale Henrichs
> <dale.henri...@gemtalksystems.com>:
>
> Norbert,
>
> I didn't realize that you were claiming that the new text model for Sparta
> was (potentially) inferior.
> The other day you were expressing sadness about having to use the newer
> version of Metacello (which is *only* 3 years old), so I assumed that you
> were just being generally cranky about change:).

it might be true it is a current topic for me. In my struggle to establish a
solid devlopment process I have sometimes the feeling it is impossible.
Especially when the new metacello thingie improves something I don't know but
at the same time I loose Versionner and the commandline handlers which I know
:)
The current (!) complaint is rather based on the fact that everything regarding
the graphics backend, widget and tools appears sometimes as an indefinite loop
of reinventing stuff and improving and never get the job done. Did I mention
64bit, UFFI,… I'm glad all these topics are worked one and I see a bright
future if half of them are done. But then sometimes it looks rather dark and
the light at the end of the tunnel just went off :)

<dark mode off/>

Norbert