> On 6 Nov 2016, at 22:04, Esteban Lorenzano <esteba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 6 Nov 2016, at 19:17, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:
>>
>> I am not upset, but you did not explain what you did up until now.
>>
>> Still, this URL was/is used everywhere as an example (in comments and books)
>> and tests.
>>
>> It looks silly if we break our own links. And a year or so ago I already
>> changed all those links once. If I have to do it again, I will move
>> everything away from infrastructure that I cannot control myself.
>
> I didn’t know I was breaking anything… otherwise I would have fixed it, is
> not that I looked at it and I said “hey, let’s break this… who cares?”
> Now, I need to fix it… as many other things that we may break without
> knowing… that’s why I said, and I repeat: “we all make mistakes time to
> time”.

OK, of course you did not do this on purpose. And it is good that you maintain
the main website.

Now, it is common/good practice to front Seaside with nginx (or apache). If you
do, you can export the Seaside files to the file system (using #deployFiles) to
serve them faster/better when found. Like this:

upstream my-seaside {
  ip_hash;
  server localhost:9090;
}

server {

  location /files {
    alias /home/pharo/my-files;
    try_files $uri @seaside;
    gzip on;
    gzip_types application/x-javascript text/css;
    expires 30d;
  }

  location / {
    proxy_pass http://my-seaside;
    add_header X-Server Pharo;
  }

  location @seaside {
    proxy_pass http://my-seaside;
    add_header X-Server Pharo;
  }
}

With this scheme you should be able to add any statically served file manually.
(Here only under /files, but you could add more handlers).

Sven