Fixing a race condition in handling open sockets when forking an image. At
first I had no clue where the problem could come from, then I spent a lot of
time guessing at the conditions (of course, being a race condition there was no
means to force the specific condition but I didn't know that yet).

Over all I spent about 6 weeks on this bug and finally fixed it by creating a
new primitive to handle that specific case. I'm not sure what tools could have
helped me as this was a rather specific problem (OSProcess). But the hardest
problems in my experience are usually concurrency / asynchrony (e.g. race
conditions) or bugs in libraries (where you always assume that you must have
made a mistake, never the library).

Max