squeaksource.com is still running on a quite old image, and I know that it
has problems with multibyte characters. If you are seeing problems related
to this, it's not the fault of Zinc.

If you can confirm that this is what is happening, then I guess it is time
to update that trusty old squeaksource.com image :-)

Dave