On 29/04/17 04:11, askoh wrote:
Being connected to the internet is going to be a necessity for any piece of
software in the immediate future. So every Smalltalk development environment
or application should have that capability as default. To push that envelop,
every image should have a Smalltalk native Internet Browser.

Web is a very bad platform from an engineering point of view. The amount of accidental complexity is astounding, as is the number of useless layers obfuscating this all. I don't think we are ready to waste the amount of engineering needed to do something useful at the browser implementation side of the web (except for things like amber, pharojs and squeakjs).

Stephan