Hi Stef,

On Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 07:00:04PM +0200, Stephane Ducasse wrote:
> Hi Alistair
>
> I'm going over the green build first.
>
> - Then also
> https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/18042/FileSystem-a-file-doesn-t-exist-but-still-exists
> I read it but do you suggest to drop it and close it?

I don't think this issue should be dropped, there is a regular stream of
questions to the mailing list from newcomers getting confused by the
current behaviour.

There are basically two opposing proposals:

1. Modify FileReference>>/ to accept a path and parse it correctly
   (which is what I proposed).
2. Modify FileReference>>/ to explicitly reject an argument which
   includes the path delimiter (and it should suggest using #resolve:).

The first proposal is more "practical", and the second is more "pure",
keeping the to original design goals and abstractions.

Both have had multiple people support them, and both are better than the
current situation, however it is subjective as to which of the two
proposals is better.

I'm not sure what the normal tie-breaking process is, but I'm happy to
defer to the Pharo Association (Esteban? / Marcus? / yourself?).

Cheers,
Alistair