Hi,

> On 17 Aug 2017, at 11:28, Guillermo Polito <guillermopol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 10:44 AM, Torsten Bergmann <asta...@gmx.de
> <mailto:asta...@gmx.de>> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> even when contributing to Pharo 7.0 is still very very cumbersome I was able
> to sort out most of the problems and contribute already a few smaller things.
>
> Unfortunately there is not much communication on what is currently in the pipe
> or planned on easing the process - which can easily lead to the impression
> that we do not really move or slow us down.
>
> Vacations period…

most of us :)
I will be back next week :P

> I know step by step it goes and at least we have again the build process
> rolling
> https://pharoweekly.wordpress.com/2017/08/16/pharo-70-is-starting-to-roll-for-real/
>
> <https://pharoweekly.wordpress.com/2017/08/16/pharo-70-is-starting-to-roll-for-real/>
>
> Nonetheless one of my PRs was already integrated and the integration of my
> WebBrowser
> package is still in the pipe (https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/193
> <https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/193>)
>
> Yes, I need to document better all the process with the baselines, I know :)
>

> The descriptions from Guille helped me - but there are still things I need
> answers to:
>
>  1. Will or is it still possible to automatically update" an image in Pharo 7
>     or in the future?
>     The World menu entry "System" -> "System update" has been removed?
>
>     Is this temporary of will it return once we know how it could be done
> again?
>

> AFAIU, this never worked "safely”.

yes, update is broken since *at least* Pharo 1.4.
I do not think is in our priorities to make it back since we are now
bootstrapping (and is very different build process).

then… one of the plugins I would like to see is a “reload all packages
following baseline” which will make it work on most cases. Still, it will not
work 100% of the time (as Pavel points, there are issues that would simply not
work updating… but this cases are not common).

Esteban