Hi Marcus,

Please, do not relaunch the build if there is a test failure. That
simply does not fix the problem, it just adds noise. There are two
problems:

1) we have some sporadic test failures (sometimes network, sometimes
some mutex or delay issues). They do not happen all the time and
that's why sometimes there is one or two failing tests. We should
detect these tests and fix them to be more robust

   >> Note, is there some brave soul that would like to take action here?

2) sometimes the vm crashes while running the tests. We should detect
the bug and fix it.

   >> Note, is there some brave soul that would like to take action here?

Now, if we are integrating a fix, this means that the PR was **already
validated as green**. That means that the integrated commit can be
bootstrapped and tested (and all tests are green).

Moreover, running the tests after integration (and its build color)
does not change the integration in itself: the commit was already
merged and pushed into the main branch, so even if it fails always,
it's too late. So, relaunching the build does not really change
anything (besides the impression we may have about the build).

A complementary solution (that should go together with fixing the
tests) is to add a retry policy while running tests in the CI.

   >> Note, is there some brave soul that would like to take action here?

Guille, on holidays from the phone.

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer