Hi Todd,

> I do a lot of iOS development.  I've looked at Realm.  I don't trust it.  I
> do like Sqlite.  I have written the following frameworks for iOS.
>
> https://github.com/tblanchard/objectivefmdb
> <https://github.com/tblanchard/objectivefmdb>
>
> I use it constantly on iOS development.  I would like to port it to Pharo,
> possibly with GLORP front end.
>
> I have an equivalent library written in PHP (I like PHP for server work) that
> works against a PostgreSQL database.
>
> I use this a lot to field iOS apps with server back ends very quickly.  I'm
> happy to share it all.

Thanks for sharing. I definitely will have a look soon.

> But I think trying to get Realm, a proprietary data store to work well with
> Pharo something of a waste of time due to the proprietary nature of it.

Just to be sure, If I understand well, the realm data store (on mobiles
devices) is fully open source (Apache 2.0). I think it was not the case at
start in 2014 but it is now. They are seen as an alternative to SQLite.
https://github.com/realm <https://github.com/realm>

This is the other component of the architecture that is closed source (the
realm object server).

> I am happy to help you out though - I've written a LOT of persistence active
> record type things and am pretty dang handy with GLORP as well.
>
> Drop me a note if you want to collaborate.

Thanks for the proposition,

See you soon

Cédrick