I'm trying this DrGeo image on Linux VM and I have no problems with Athens
but with the FreeType. The image does not start and reports following bugs:

FT2Error: Freetype2 primitive failed [error 1][cannot open resource]
FreeTypeFace(FT2Handle)>>primitiveFailed:
FreeTypeFace(FT2Handle)>>primitiveFailed
FreeTypeFace(FT2Face)>>primNewFaceFromFile:index:
FreeTypeFace(FT2Face)>>newFaceFromFile:index:
FreeTypeFace>>create
FreeTypeFace>>validate
FreeTypeFont>>face

To be able to run it I had to remove the FreeType plugin from the VM but
then I have no Athens error. Try to build this image without opening of the
main DrGeo window.

-- Pavel